Business Solution Expert, Industrial Solutions
- Location: Flexible
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 05/07/2018
- Hours: Full-time
Do you want to join the IT team as a Business Solution Expert? If you are passionate about IT and Industrial IT Solutions, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and to take on serious responsibilities, you have come to the right place. We are looking for a person who can drive the enhancements and development the assigned group of applications and the related “big data” ecosystem. The role requires leading the analysis and conceptual design for specific business processes, supporting data pipelines, ETLs (Extract, Transform, Load) and applications. We see that you can take initiating step changes to facilitate value creation and/or sustainable cost savings for Borealis (by means of operational vendor management). You are also going to manage driving operational and contributing to solution architecture.
As part of IT Industrial Solution team, your main areas of responsibilities are to support Plant Availability & Turnaround department (specifically Integrity and Turnaround processes) and Technical Development & Engineering department (Engineering process).
Your main areas of responsibility include amongst others:
- Drive business process optimisation with focus on improvements of the assigned applications and the related “big data” infrastructure.
- Safeguard information security in order to prevent data loss and to guarantee confidentiality, including being an ambassador for preventive risk management in the areas of applications (e.g. screening OSS messages, DRP, patching etc.) and the assigned databases.
- Develop functional, non-functional and technical specifications together with business representatives.
- Define technical specifications (incl. specifying capacity and landscape requirements beyond the installed base, data-pipelines and ETLs) in close cooperation with other IT&S functions.
- Develop the details of the conceptual design and/or architecture of solutions supporting business processes in cooperation with the architects and IT key account managers.
- Provide customer care and ensure adequate quality of selected services by handling critical and escalated incidents & requests on or beyond company level in close cooperation with business representatives and drive root-cause analysis and long-term solutions beyond the installed technology at Borealis. Initiate, drive and implement application and business process improvements based on customer input and own expertise.
- Create “big data” warehouses and master the integration of the assigned group of applications with other applications and reduce complexity.
- Ensure the realization of solutions and perform quality assurance, including operational vendor management.
- Participate actively in the work of agile teams (scrum) of the assigned projects, by co-planning, co-prioritising, and co-evaluating the teamwork and executing the tasks agreed with the team members.
- Lead projects as application/technical expert (e.g. stream leader) and support project leaders in planning.
- Drive the integration within solutions to reduce complexity
You are the right candidate for this position if you possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
To complement our team, we are looking for someone who can bring the following expertise to the table:
- Master level in computer science, engineering or economics
- 10 years of IT work experience in an international matrix organisation
- Recognised expert in the assigned group of applications
- Understand architectural issues, factors them into decisions and recommendations
- Knowledge of agile manifesto, values, principles and practices such as Kanban and Scrum
- Knowledge on commercial negotiation and tactical vendor management
- Fluent in English
- Analytical, conceptual, process and customer oriented thinker (productive partnerships)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills with impact and influence, as well good negotiation skills
- Take initiative: proactively identifies opportunities and suggests ideas & solutions
- Teamplayer and like project work and working in a scrum as team member, applying common agile practices
- Always aiming for well-crafted software, that adds value to the business
If you are interested in this position and match our criteria, please apply online and include your CV and a cover letter.
If you have any questions please contact Dirk Herbots, Team leader Industrial Solutions or Sandra GIllberg, HR.
We look forward to receive your application!