Group Leader Low Pressure Polyolefins SPPR (m/f)
- Location: Austria, Linz
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 15/08/2018
- Hours: Full-time
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a group of Structure Property Processing Relationship Researchers in the Low Pressure PO SPPR. In alignment with the Competence Manager of the corresponding department, the Group Leader should ensure that people are properly assigned to innovation projects and technology development activities within the area of their responsibility. In parallel, the role involves own participation in research and development work, either as researcher or project manager for selected areas.
- Ensure high HSE and Q performance of the team
- Ensure that technical and social competences are built up and developed in alignment with Borealis business strategy and value
- Coach employee for higher scientific skills, higher efficiency (faster delivery of results) and assure that they grow in their field of competence and maintain or grow innovation
- Assure high quality and timely completion of tasks.
- Support project and/or technology teams within own area of responsibility. Use of own competences and application of best practices in own work
- Drive innovations in own area of expertise, i.e. Polyolefins Structure-Property-Processing leading to development of new, products/applications from concept to upscaling
- Participate in research projects with universities or other partners, representing Borealis. Publish latest innovation advances in agreement with IPR and InnoTech in the area of Polyolefin Structure-Property-Processing
- Manage and motivate team of researchers by setting challenging targets and monitors progress and giving direction by engaging and inspiring people
- Identify training and development needs for the team and execute them
- Live and promote Borealis values, ensure a sound HSE culture
- Motivate and ensure the networking and the cross-functional team working.
- Effectively apply the Connect - Learn - Implement approach also outside his/her area.
- Open for diversity and supports new ideas
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. or Masters education or equivalent education in Chemistry or Physics or Polymer Chemistry or Polymer Physics or Polymer Science and Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years (Ph.D.) or 10+ years (Masters) experience in relevant areas
- In-depth knowledge in specific sub-area of Polymer Product/Application Development (within the area of Polyethylene Structure-Property-Processing Relation) demonstrated by publications, patents, products
- Maintains Borealis competence and applies best practice in own area of responsibility
- Understand commercial implications of technology being developed and recognise benefits in order to develop products with higher margins
- Previous demonstration of high-level scientific work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Leads team to work safely
- Conceptual Thinking
- Achievement oriented mind-set
- Clearly communicates direction, engages and inspires people
- Team player
- Extended Networking
- Lives and promotes Borealis values, ensures a sound HSE culture
- Cultural Awareness, Integrity
The position reports to: Competence Manager LPPO SPPR
We offer a competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at EUR 59.156,16 annual gross salary. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.
If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please apply online and attach your CV. Please be informed that we can only accept your application via our online recruitment system.