Head of Sales Automotive (f/m)
- Location: flexible
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 30/11/2018
- Hours: Full-time
We are currently looking for a pro-active and dynamic manager with strong experience in the international b2b-sales market and with a solid background in automotive and plastics who takes over the following Key Business Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a global automotive sales team (>10 direct reports) that has a combined focus on key customers and region requirements within a culture of excellence.
- Advance the automotive sales strategy as an input to the group sales strategy to deliver financial targets and future growth.
- Act as key interface towards the automotive marketing team to implement marketing strategies for the industry within sales.
- Drive the implementation of the key customer approach across automotive sales to deliver strong margins and targeted growth in identified customers.
- Create synergies across automotive sales including key customers and regional requirements.
- Lead the delivery of commercial excellence activities across the teams including systems, processes, and people.
- Act as the sales sponsor for innovation, investments and technology projects for automotive.
- Lead regular business updates in line with targets; develop and deliver compelling business cases and ensure timely support for launch to the market across the automotive sales teams.
- Lead automotive sales and set short- and medium-term targets. Drive their delivery through execution of regional pricing and tactical plans that consider the competitive environment for the industry.
- Ensure development of supporting KPIs, processes, activities and resources in accordance with rules and processes.
Key Leadership Behaviours:
- Strong customer focus and commercial awareness, proactive relationship building and value selling.
- Innovative, visionary, challenger of the status quo, demonstrating a positive and pro-active attitude to new possibilities and developments.
- Strategic thinking - create a clear vision and strategy for the business –build, support and strive for high performance.
- Broad stakeholder management skills. Strong self-awareness.
- Ability to lead a global team across various geographies to deliver an overall strategy.
Key Competencies, Experience and Know-How:
- University degree or equivalent in the relevant fields, minimum 10+ years’ experience in the relevant disciplines, superior knowledge of the relevant applications, PO value chains and factors determining product needs and Business travel of 3-4 days / week are expected.
- German at business level is preferred, other additional languages at business level are beneficiary.
- Excellent understanding of customer needs across global PO geographies and related cultural elements as well as understanding of complex Value Chain for industry, customers, markets and competitors.
- Broad knowledge of sales management, volume optimisation, sales intelligence, and S&OP tools & processes.
The position is located on global headquarters level and is a direct report to the VP Sales. Due to global travel activities (focus on Europe), the location is flexible but limited to Borealis countries. We offer a role specific compensation and a competitive salary and fringe benefit package reflecting your profile, experience and the specifics of the country/location you apply for.
If you are interested in this position and match our criteria, please apply via our Online Tool and include your CV and Cover Letter that clearly shows your professional success story in sales/automotive and your leadership excellence. Please expect our reply to your application after application deadline.