HSE Coordinator West (m/f)
- Location: France, La Rochelle
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 07/01/2018
- Hours: Full-time
Borealis L.A.T (former LINZER AGRO TRADE) is a 100% subsidiary of Borealis AG. Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. Borealis L.A.T with its headquarters in Linz, Austria is the exclusive distributor of Borealis fertilizers and nitrogen-based industrial chemicals across whole Europe. Together with the Borealis L.A.T subsidiaries in Central- and Eastern Europe, we aim to strengthen our number one position in the Danube region and become a leader in Europe.
Borealis L.A.T deals exclusively with high quality fertilizers and technical nitrogen products. An excellent range of fertilizers, a competent advisory and customer-care service as well as customer-friendly logistics solutions are some of the major strengths that contribute to making L.A.T a reliable brand in the fertilizer business.
We are looking for an HSE Coordinator in permanent contract based on La Rochelle.
- Develop, implement and maintain best practice and compliance with Borealis Standards in the field of HSE in BU Fertilizer
- Ensure a legal compliance of warehouses within BOREALIS L.A.T France in the field of HSE with knowledge of local & EU regulations and administrative authorization related to fertilizers’ storage.
- Manage and roll out HSE related programs under the guidance of Line Manager and/or GM Searching for and applying the principle of best practice in every storage spots relating to packaging, mixing of chemical fertilizers, storing and computer storage systems in and/or for BOREALIS L.A.T France.
- Ensure a professional management of all audit related activities in BU Fertilizer
- Manage HSE in Paris office.
- Area of responsibility
- Coordinates HSE topics within BOREALIS L.A.T France and services providers
- Supporting, training site coordinators and warehouse operators in the field of HSE
- Develops, monitoring, structure and assure the compliance of required instructions in the field of HSE
- Ensure tight interaction with HSE Specialist, Group HSE and Warehouse Development & Operations and Transportation Security Advisor (ADR)
- Safeguards the development and maintenance of a robust health, security and safety management systems under the guidance of the Group HSE
- Monitors continuously compliance with local authorities regarding regulations at the storage facilities of BOREALIS L.A.T France
- Understands the risks associated to the activities of BU Fertilizer and provides expertise and guidance to mitigate the impact on people and environment.
- Takes a prominent role in the investigation of incidents and relevant reporting requirements into Group HSE
- Develops, monitors and structures necessary HSE instructions in line with Borealis HSE standards
- Strives for continuous improvements generating excellent HSE awareness in BU Fertilizer
- Supports projects and developments with BOREALIS L.A.T France in regards with HSE compliance.
- Compares all facilities in BU Fertilizer regarding best practice in product handling, storage and packaging
- Liaise with relevant authorities,
- Supports the HSE Specialist in organising audit related activities and participates in internal and external HSE audits
- Reports HSE figures and statistics to Line Manager and ensures these data are communicated to HSE Group timely
- Participates during Jours Fixes / Sales meetings to present the relevant HSE topics
- Organizes and gives trainings for Engagement Walks
- Ensure that the HSE relevant requirements are understood by operational personnel
- Maintains contact with relevant managers in order to address audit findings and reports adequately
- Liaise with Authorities to meet their expectations.
- Higher education, education in HSE / Chemistry
- Knowledge of safety and health relevant laws (specially in SEVESO industry)
- 1-5 years with a first experience in the safety & security area
- Fluent in English
- Develops the organisation in terms of HSE
- Analytical mind / Autonomy
- Power of persuation
- Impact and influence to the organisation
- Comfortable speaking and writing
Travel: 1 travel by week on our sites in France