Innovation Process Specialist (f/m), Linz/Flexible
- Location: Austria, Linz
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 28/02/2018
- Hours: Full-time
The incumbent is a professional with knowledge in the area of polyolefin and base chemicals. The jobholder is assisting in managing the PO and Base chemical project portfolio and related resources for all innovation projects in Borealis that support the business strategy of the company. You are making sure that Innovation Process description(s) are up to date and aligned with project policy and way of working and that the innovation projects are run according to the procedure. You are a project Co-ordinator in clarity with expertise in excel, financial and analytical tools.
- Member of portfolio team with own area of responsibility. Use of own competence and application of best practices in own work related to external collaborations and periodic reporting.
- Leads Innovation Process Administration so that process descriptions, procedures, templates and main project management systems for Innovation process are simple, existing, relevant, updated and aligned with project and portfolio management policies,
- Leads resource coordination to keep track on planned and used resources for all innovation projects on quarterly level and find possible critical resource bottlenecks,
- Seeks possible areas for improvement and benchmarking in Borealis Innovation Project Portfolio
- Main contact for project managers in supporting and helping them in their daily operations with innovation process related matters,
- Organise innovation process trainings to enhance the necessary capabilities of project managers, project partners and project owners,
- Leads innovation process self-assessments in InnoTech in collaboration with Quality- function, reports to Innovation Process owner and shares findings of the mentioned assessments with relevant functions in Borealis,
- Being line responsible for EU 8th directive assessments,
- Collects and shares the lessons learnt (post-learnings) of stopped and finalised innovation projects in relevant functions,
- Supports manager innovation portfolio in monitoring individual projects regarding their overall portfolio status and performance on monthly basis,
- Leads Portfolio Rounds and resource update rounds to ensure good and consistent quality of business cases, resource plans and cost plans
- Project Co-ordinator in Clarity project mgmt software and main Clarity trainer in InnoTech,
- Monitors and ensures the compliance with the Borealis Project Management Minimum Standards,
- Monitors and controls the achievement of project milestones and objectives as specified in the project charter,
- Collects individual inputs from different sources and consolidates overall project status to the management including innovation milestones, project risk assessments and consumed resources by securing portfolio follow-up,
- Ensures that deliverables in different project phases are completed in time (compliance with so called phase gate deliverable check list)
- Preparation of decision-making material for the managers outside of project work/external collaborations in line with objectives of strategy and portfolio department.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master's degree (ideally chemist or chemical engineer) from acknowledged university, or equivalent with 2-5yrs of experience with relevant Business and Technical experience
- Fluency in English verbal and written, German is a benefit
- Resource / Project management skills and experience
- Experience with project management supporting tools, excel, financial and related analytical tools is preferred.
- Ability to develop business cases/case studies
- Technical understanding (e.g. process/polymer/applications) is a plus factor ,
- Proven systematic, structured and process oriented approach
- Skilled in Interpersonal relationships and good communication skills, having the effectiveness to manage in a multicultural context.
This position reports to: Manager, Innovation Portfolio
For more detailed information please contact Bettina Farthofer, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Tel.: +43 (0)732/6981-5011.
In respect to Austrian Labour Law (if contract is signed in Austria) we have to state the minimum salary of positions. We offer a competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at a minimum of EUR 57.350,- annual gross salary. We are willing to pay considerably more based on your experience and background. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a Long Term Incentive Plan as well as a voluntary company pension plan.
If you are interested in this position and meet most of the above mentioned requirements please apply online and attach your CV.