IT Service Desk Expert
- Location: Flexible (Austria, Belgium, Finland, Sweden)
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 31/08/2018
- Hours: Full-time
Borealis is offering an exciting opportunity to transform the way it provides its online services. As IT Service Desk Expert you will run and continuously improve a high standard service desk for both internal and external customers, based on user needs:
- Supervises the strategy and day-to-day operations of the Digital Studio service desk and Borealis IT service desk, including local IT support to ensure that service requests, incidents and problems are addressed efficiently, effectively and with a focus on positive customer experience.
- Responsible for establishing a service desk support model focused on external customers aligned with existing customer facing channels.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on service desk SLA’s and continuously improving the service desk operations.
- Reports to IT Operations & Security.
Your main areas of responsibility include amongst others:
- Defines and monitors service desk Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for service request, incidents, and problems in collaboration with the IT Digital Solution Owner(s) and IT Operation & Security.
- Establishes and supervises the service desk to support external customers via a support model, tools, and processes for proper service request, incident, and problem categorization, prioritization, investigation, diagnosis, escalation, and closure. This service desk needs to be in line with the current customer facing channels such as sales and customer service.
- Ensures that all incidents and requests raised through various channels (calls, emails, social media and self-service) are documented, tracked, addressed efficiently in accordance with service desk SLAs and service desk processes to minimize any adverse impact on business operations and user experience.
- Ensures high priority and high impact incidents and problems are properly documented and escalated to the right stakeholders. He/she serves as the final point of escalation within the service desk before escalating to IT and Digital Studio leadership.
- Leads the root causes analyses for problems to enable enhanced business and technical performance.
- Synthesizes and communicates technology issues effectively with service desk customers and the business partners as needed.
- Ensures that the service desk is in compliance with quality management, risk management, security policies and procedures.
- Sets up and manages the knowledge transfer and documentation of digital and IT solution tools and business processes to the service desk, including the set-up of a real time dashboard on the health of a service per best practices.
- Ensures the service desk is informed of any further changes to the state of the digital solutions such as new releases, …
- Drives increasingly higher service levels through continuous improvement of the service desk processes by meeting regularly with the IT Digital Portfolio Manager, the Digital Studio head, IT operations & Security and the product owners to seek feedback, innovating procedures and adjusting service as necessary to meet the business and customer needs.
- Maintains awareness of latest service desk technology and trends to support the decisions being made to update and / or change the service desk.
You are the right candidate for this position if you possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
To complement our team, we are looking for someone who can bring the following expertise to the table:
- You hold a master level in computer science, engineering or economics
- You have 10 years of IT work experience in an international matrix organisation
- You are a recognised expert in the assigned group of applications.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the organisation, the work processes and the way systems and applications are used by the business partners.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the data bases of the related applications and their interconnectivity to the “big data” ecosystem of the company
- You understand architectural issues, factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- You have good knowledge of agile manifesto, values, principles and practices such as Kanban and Scrum.
- You have good knowledge on commercial negotiation and tactical vendor management.
- You are fluent in English
- You are an analytical, conceptual, process and customer oriented thinker (productive partnerships)
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity
- You take initiative: identify opportunities & proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions
- You have excellent communication and persuasion skills with impact and influence
- You are always aiming for well-crafted software, that adds value to the business
If you are interested in this position and match our criteria, please apply online and include your CV and a cover letter.
We look forward to receive your application!