Lead Product Owner
- Location: Austria, Linz or Schwechat
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 15/12/2017
- Hours: Full-time
We are currently looking for a Lead Product Owner with the focus on Polyolefin Compounds.
As a Lead Product Owner you will be responsible for the technical and commercial management of a defined grade portfolio used in various applications. The role holder acts as a strong networker within the production locations, the commercial/innovation organisation and others, to ensure that his / her commercial products meet customers’ current needs and future expectations.
As Lead Product Owner you will secure and support running business by:
- Cost & Complexity optimization of the defined product portfolio and definition of improvement actions.
- Setting the general quality standards for commercial products.
- Providing technical support in customer and supplier Quality audits.
- Providing technical expertise internally; e.g. for trouble shooting in production, value chain marketing projects, as well as for external presentations and industrial state-of-the-art training of internal engineers.
- Support in solving complex customer problems by giving technical expertise.
- Leading technical investigations and deciding on justification of critical & complex product claims.
- Identification and implementation of incremental product modifications to improve product performance, reduce product cost, improve product quality or change asset source.
- Identifying and supporting the development of new applications for existing grades.
Additionally this role contributes to ensure the current and future product portfolio by
- Proactive contribution to product portfolio optimisation.
- Leading technical implementation of new products & production technology enhancements.
- Proposing and evaluating ideas and running technical pre-studies for defined market needs.
- Contributing and influencing IPR strategy in relevant area.
- Additionally the role holder can act as Innovation Project team member for step change projects, when requested.
- Translating customer and application needs and related product requirements into product / process specifications.
Area of responsibility
- Product Ownership (e.g. contribute to cost & complexity optimization of defined product portfolio and define improvement actions, ownership of Internal / External Product Specifications, ensuring legal compliance, support of strategic sourcing)
- Product ownership & production technology (e.g. exploring capabilities and limitations of own products, providing evidence for technical justification of product claims, contribution to reduction of NP by keeping product quality & consistency)
- Product modifications and application development (e.g. leading technical part of product modifications to upgrade existing products, translating customer / application needs into product requirements /specifications)
- Product / process development and IPR (e.g. participating on request in IP innovation projects driven by PDO, leading product related test run preparations and execution for new products)
- HSE&Q (e.g. securing HSE checks for test runs and new products, contributing to overall HSE&Q performance, ensuring high HSE&Q standards are kept).
- Leading product management initiatives and TBW project teams.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- MSc or equivalent in technical discipline and 5+ years of experience, or PhD and 2+ years of experience
- Basic knowledge in a field of polymer science and / or engineering.
- Mastering the English language at technical level orally and in written.
- Excellent general knowledge of materials, application, manufacturing, chemistry, physics, modelling, and / or processing.
- Excellent product formulation – property – application relation knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge in polymer production technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of additives / ingredients functionality, availability, cost and quality.
- Good IT-skills, including MS Office, SAP, Clarity etc.
- Good understanding on commercial implication of technical solutions.
- Creativity and new route thinking.
- Recognised within own group for unique technical expertise in his/her subject area
- Lives and promotes Borealis values Respect, Responsibility, Exceed, Nimblicity
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills and knowledge sharing.
- Effective coaching and feedback skills.
- Good team leadership skills, capable of independently leading smaller project teams.
- Good proficiency in providing coaching & feedback.
- Effective communication and presentation skills (internally and externally).
- Duration of this assignment: this is a permanent position.
- The role reports to Manager Product Management Compound.
- Location: the position can be either located in Linz or Schwechat.
For more detailed information please contact Manfred Kirchberger, Manager Product Management Compound (+43 664 453 69 24).
We offer a competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement, reflecting your competencies and experience, starting at EUR 57.321,74 annual gross salary. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online and attach your CV.