Location Quality Manager Beringen/Geleen (m/f)
- Location: Belgium, Beringen-Geleen
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 06/08/2018
- Hours: Full-time
The Location Quality Manager is responsible for the local implementation of processes in line with the targets and operating principles, while supporting the location in process management & quality improvements in order to fulfil internal & external requirements. The role holder promotes “Quality Awareness” throughout the location. As member of the Group Quality Team defines the strategic action plan to assure implementation of the Operation’s strategy within their respective area of responsibility.
- Ensures integration of local needs and challenges into Group Quality plans and activities.
- Coaches the line organization in implementing the right competencies & skills related to Best Practise (external & between Borealis locations).
- Ensures consistent understanding, implementation and compliance of the Management System and processes within designated area.
- Ensures the local organisation is aware of and implements relevant internal and external requirements (e.g. via Management Reviews, Internal Audits...)
- Drives continuous improvement of the location’s process performance and behaviour e.g. through regular audits, best practices and lessons learned.
- Evaluates risks e.g. regarding customer needs, projects, changes in infrastructure/equipment and new chemicals and identifies area for improvement.
- Pro actively supports the line responsible for meeting requirements in determining corrective & preventive actions, reporting of deviations and recommendations for improvements and follow them up until implementation.
- Ensures that processes & tools needed for the Management System are established, implemented & maintained locally and acts as Quality Champion for implementation of Quality Tools (e.g. TBW, FMEA, 8D, Synergi..).
- Accountable for the Site´s preparedness towards customer & authority audits.
- Co-operates closely with the local organization (LLT, CI Managers, HSE Managers, department heads etc.).
- Takes ownership for Quality trainings for staff on the location.
- Addresses and creates awareness of relevant customer perspective in quality initiatives
- Solves conflicts between different functional areas in relation to customer complaints and other quality related matters
- Organizes and guides customer audits on the location
- Facilitates the implementation of improvements based on the results of customer satisfaction surveys, benchmarks, etc.
- Safeguards the local certificates related to Quality Management
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Master's degree university (preferred chemical background), or equivalent
- Mastery of English language at business level
- QM education, internal Auditor´s license
- Knowledge in related Standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, IATF 16949,…)
- 5-10 years of line experience, preferably from different business areas
- Deep knowledge on products & processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage change processes successfully, monitoring complexity, diversity and risks
- Proven ability to implement local action plans
- Mastery of facilitation and coaching within an operational environment
- Very good analytical and conceptual thinking
- Organisational awareness
- Team player and interpersonal understanding
- High customer orientation
Duration of the assignment: This is a permanent position
The position reports to Group Quality Manager PO
For more detailed information please contact Gernot Baumgärtel, Group Quality Manager PO (Gernot.Baumgaertel@borealisgroup.com). The HR contactperson is Kathleen Cruysberghs (email@example.com)
If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please apply online.