Want to be part of the team? Borealis is committed to making new discoveries – and that includes finding pioneering members to join our team.
We are currently looking for a Logistic Specialist Road (f/m) who takes over the following key responsibilities:
- Contribute in the implementation of an optimized logistic network for road transports of Fertilizer and TEN products in France and Belgium
- Support the Logistic Manager in defining the optimal logistic set-up, in line with the Fertilizer Logistic Strategy
- Sources, selects, contracts and manages a reliable supplier base, in co-operation with Logistics Manager
- Preparation, implementation and analysis of freight tenders and presenting the outcome to the Logistic Manager for approval
- Responsible for negotiating spot deals in case of transport capacity bottlenecks with the Logistics Service Providers
- Secure that the Borealis HSE&Q and sustainability standards are being covered in the Logistics Service Providers agreements and implemented accordingly
- Supporting logistic cost saving concepts by obtaining knowledge of the freight markets and parameters in freight calculations
- Support the Business Unit Fertilizer by adding value to the customer relationship by means of setting up commercial distribution agreements in line with the agreed service levels and by steering the operational implementation and follow up
- Participate and pro-actively supports logistics or cross-functional projects as a project team member.
- Participate in the audits implementation
- Haulier performance analysis and monitoring (KPI…)
- Represents Borealis towards the external logistic service providers
- Works in close interaction with the Logistics Manager Road France and other members of the logistic team to secure the implementation of the commercial transport agreements
- Interacts with the Sales departments of the Business Unit Fertilizer to understand the customer’s demands and other business needs when negotiating the transport agreements
- Interact with Supply Planning for the forcast and flows monitoring
- Interact with the Material Handling
You are the right candidate for this position if you possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Business / commercial master degree or similar secondary business education. Preferably relevant degree in logistics
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience in logistics, preferably within the Chemical Industry
- Fluent in French and English, written and spoken
- Basic understanding of products, applications, markets is an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS office applications, preferably MS Excel
- Knowledge of SAP and Analysis for Office and Transport Management Systems
- Strong team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
The position to be filled will be preferably based in La Rochelle but can be based also in one of our French sites (Grandpuits/Grand-Quevilly/La Rochelle/Ottmarsheim). Regular travel within France and occasional travel within Europe
Are you interested in this opportunity? We look forward to your online application by clicking on “Apply Now”.Please include your CV and cover letter
We are currently looking for a Logistic Specialist Road who takes over the following key responsibilities:
Please select one of the categories to find the desired information or use the search field.
Search for information on our web pages.
Download product data sheets, safety data sheets and compliance statements.
Download literature, publications, reports and other documents.
View and download images / videos from our media library.
Read our latest media releases and news.
Save the dates of our upcoming exhibitions and conferences.
Apply for our latest job opportunities.
Discover our global network and the best route to our locations.
Send us your sales or corporate enquiry.