Logistics Specialist Deepsea Shipping
- Location: Grand-Quevilly
- Type: CDD
- Application Deadline: 31/08/2020
- Hours: Plein temps
The missions of our Logistics Specialist Deepsea Shipping are :
- Contributes in the negotiation and management of Deepsea shipping & ports contractual agreement for business unit fertilizers.
- Sources, selects, contracts and manages a reliable suppliers base, in co-operation with Logistics Manager.
- Monitors performance of Logistics Service Providers in order to reduce costs and improve service levels.
- Continuously observes the Deepsea transport market and informs the logistics manager about (upcoming) changes and market trends, and proposes how to react in time to the changes in order to continously optimize logistics costs and operational set up.
- Drive studies, projects and improvements linked to Deepsea shipping and Ports activities.
- Participate and pro-actively supports logistics or cross-functional projects as a project team member.
- Represent Borealis LAT towards external suppliers and acts as an interface between internal stakeholders and logistic service providers
- Support the Logistics Coordinator in case of issue and ensure the back up when needed
His/ Her area of responsibility is :
- Supports the logistic manager in defining the optimal logistic set-up, in line with the Fertilizer Logistic Strategy
- Preparation, implementation and analysis of freight tenders, Ports activities related services and presenting the outcome to the Logistic Manager for approval
- Responsible for negotiating spot deals in case of transport capacity bottlenecks with the Logistics Service Providers
- Secures that the Borealis HSE&Q and sustainability standards are being covered in the Logistics Service Providers agreements and implemented accordingly
- Supporting logistic cost saving concepts by obtaining knowledge of the Deep sea and ports markets and parameters in freight and services fees calculations
- Contract Management
- Support the implementation of new logistic contracts within the organisation
- Management of the Deepsea and Ports claims in SAP
- Maintaining freight cost lists/systems
- Monitor carrier performance and address performance issues
- Support accounting in solving invoicing issues
- Prepare and attend Deepsea & Ports meetings
- Be in close contact with MH on stevedoring operation, Ports interlocutors and inform stakeholders about the potential impact
- Addresses issues raised by Sales, Planning, MH and LSP with the relevant stakeholders and find smart solutions
- Other tasks & responsibilities
- Supports process improvements in all areas of logistics to improve internal and external customer satisfaction
- Establishes an extensive external network to obtain best in class market knowledge
- Support Logistics Manager in various Fertilizer logistics topics
- Participates to logistics or cross-functional projects as a pro-active project team member
- Back-up for colleagues in Deepsea shipping area.
His/Her profil is :
- Business / commercial degree or similar secondary business education
- Preferably relevant degree in logistics
- Fluent in French and English
- Experience in the role:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Deepsea shipping environment (maritime agency, shipping companies, brokerage, etc..)
- In-depth knowledge of European & North-African shipping and port industry and market practices
- Basic understanding of products, applications, markets is an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS office applications
- Knowledge of SAP, reporting tools (Power BI…), and Transport Management Systems
- Flexible (Paris, Grand Quevilly)
Why join us ?
Join an international team of passionate experts who is committed to meet daily challenges of transport and logistics for their internal and external customers and who is deeply involved into the company strategy.