Logistics Specialist (f/m) - Fertilizer Logistics
- Location: Austria, Linz
- Application Deadline: 29/06/2018
- Hours: Vollzeit
We are currently looking for a Logistics Specialist in our Fertilizer Logistics team who will:
- Contribute in the implementation of an optimized logistic network for road transports of Fertilizer and TEN products in Central Europe.
- Source, select, contract and manage a reliable supplier base, in co-operation with the Logistics Manager. Monitors performance of Logistics Service Providers in order to reduce costs and improve service levels.
- Continuously observe the transport markets and inform the Logistics Manager about (upcoming) changes and market trends, and propose how to react in time to the changes in order to continously optimize logistics costs.
- Participate and pro-actively supports logistics or cross-functional projects as a project team member.
- Represent Borealis LAT towards external suppliers and acts as an interface between internal stakeholders and logistic service providers
As Logisitics Specialist your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Support the Logistic Manager in defining the optimal logistic set-up, in line with the Fertilizer Logistic Strategy.
- Source, select, contract and manage a reliable supplier base.
- Preparation, implementation and analysis of freight tenders and presenting the outcome to the Logistic Manager for approval.
- Responsible for negotiating spot deals in case of transport capacity bottlenecks with the Logistics Service Providers.
- Securesthat the Borealis HSE&Q and sustainability standards are being covered in the Logistics Service Providers agreements and implemented accordingly.
- Supporting logistic cost saving concepts by obtaining knowledge of the freight markets and parameters in freight calculations
- Support the implementation of new logistic contracts within the organisation.
- Management of truck logistics claims in SAP
- Maintaining freight cost lists/systems
- Monitor carrier performance and address performance issues
- Support CSC and accounting in solving invoicing issues
- Prepare and attend carrier meetings
- Be in close contact with Material Handling on truck loading/unloading topics and inform carriers about the potential impact.
- Address issues raised by Sales or CSC with the relevant carriers and find smart solutions
Other tasks & responsibilities:
- Support process improvements in all areas of logistics to improve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Establish an extensive external network to obtain best in class market knowledge.
- Support Logistics Manager in various Fertilizer logistics topics.
- Participate in logistics or cross-functional projects as a pro-active project team member.
- Back-up for colleagues in Road Central Europe Team.
- Act as a competent contact person mainly for internal customers and inform internal customers actively regarding changes in the transport market.
- Build-up an extensive internal and external cross-functional network.
- Drive a proactive best practise sharing and lessons learned to assure good operational excellence
- Act with high integrity towards all stakeholders
Needed skills and experiences for this position:
- Business / commercial degree in high school or similar secondary business education. Preferably relevant degree in logistics.
- Logistics or Procurement experience (minimum 3 years).
- Knowledge of the transport and customs documentation applicable in the market covered.
- English and German: Professional knowledge, written and spoken. Additional European languages are an asset.
- Experience of handling ERP, preferably SAP and standard office software.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Strong team-player with excellent communication skills
If you are interested in this position and meet most of our criteria, please apply online.
Following Austrian law regulations we offer, reflecting your experiences, skills and competencies, competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at EUR EUR 48.718,04 annual gross salary and are willing to pay considerably more based on your experience and background. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.