Mechanical Engineer - Static Equipment
- Location: Belgium, Kallo
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 18/05/2018
- Hours: Full-time
As Mechanical Engineer, you ensure that all static equipment of the plant is compliant with the legal requirements and the Borealis specifications. In this role, you are the counterpart for the Engineering partner and technical support for the Borealis procurement department. As member of the Inspection and Integrity team, you participate in the development and the optimisation of the equipment life cycle for the production installations in Borealis Kallo.
- Lead improvement PA&T programs (example: HSE&Q incidents, troubleshooting, etc.) in own area of expertise. As a technical expert, you are driven by continuous improvement and development of mechanical expertise. You implement change management processes in your own area of expertise.
- Are motivated to actively participate in the expediting and inspection activities lead by the inspection and integrity department
- Deliver high level of expertise and have deep knowledge in the assigned technology on local site level and towards the European assets on request basis; you identify and analyse problems and provide long-term solutions.
- Provide technical expert advices, calculations and engineering activities to plant availability and projects on local site level, across some plants and also first exposure outside own location.
- Support, control and coordinate engineering partners for the assigned technology and are counterpart to procurement in technical/supplier issues (bid evaluations, buying teams, TCO, supplier classification).
- Are responsible for specifications on revisions of the equipment in the technical expertise area
- Maintain internal and external networking in the assigned technology, to exert influence for Borealis and keep awareness of potential developments.
- Apply HSE and Q requirement in all areas of the responsibility
- Develop and implement local/group Procedures and Instructions
- Act as internal trainer and coach in your area of expertise
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master degree in (Electro)-Mechanical Engineering
- International Welding Engineer or good knowledge in welding and materials
- Profound knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, …and relevant legislation (Vlarem, PED …)
- Experience in ITP’s for construction of static pressure equipment
- Strong interest in technical aspects of chemical process industry related to static pressure equipment
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in relevant area
- Organisational and Project management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Technical authority in static equipment,
- Knowledge of and attention to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Fluently in Dutch & English
- You have an ambitious mind-set
- You combine office work and outdoor expediting & inspection
- You favour teamwork and co-operation and stimulate positive & constructive behaviour
- You are a networker in an international and multicultural context
- You are self-motivated with ability to supervise and motivate small team
- You are prepared to travel
Are you ready to go beyond boundaries together with us?
Start date: as soon as possible
If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please apply online, latest by 18th of May 2018.
For more detailed information, please contact Debby Criel, Manager Inspection and Integrity Kallo & Antwerp, tel +32 3 570 52 25.
The HR contact person for this vacancy is Karolien Vercauteren, Talent Acquisition Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.