Mechanical Engineer – Static equipment, Beringen - Geleen
- Location: Belgium, Beringen-Geleen
- Type: Vast contract, onbepaalde tijd
- Application Deadline: 31/01/2018
- Hours: Voltijds
As Mechanical Engineer, you ensure that all static equipment of the plant is compliant with the legal requirements and the Borealis specifications. You drive the development, the maintenance and the optimisation of all the “equipment strategies” for the production installations in Borealis Beringen and Geleen.
- Lead improvement PA&T programs and projects (example: HSE&Q incidents, troubleshooting, studies etc.) in own area of expertise. As a technical expert, you are driven by continuous improvement and development of mechanical expertise. You implement change management processes in your own area of expertise
- Deliver high level of expertise and have deep knowledge in the assigned technology on local site level and towards the European assets on request basis; you identify and analyse problems and provide long-term solutions.
- Provide technical expert advices, calculations and engineering activities to plant availability and projects on local site level, across some plants and also first exposure outside own location.
- Support, control and coordinate engineering partners for the assigned technology and are counterpart to procurement in technical/supplier issues (bid evaluations, buying teams, TCO, supplier classification).
- Are responsible for specifications on revisions of the equipment in the technical expertise area
- Ensure maximisation of OAE/reliability and drive implementation of equipment strategies.
- Maintain internal and external networking in the assigned technology, to exert influence for Borealis and keep awareness of potential developments.
- Apply HSE and Q requirement in all areas of the responsibility
- Develop and implement local/group Procedures and Operative Processes and Instructions
- Act as internal trainer and coach in your area of expertise
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master degree in respective Engineering technology
- Specialised in materials engineering
- Knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, …and relevant legislation (Vlarem, PED …)
- Experience in relevant welding processes and QA/QC for construction of static pressure equipment
- Strong interest in technical aspects of chemical process industry and static pressure equipment
- Trained in Project Management
- Min 8-10 years’ experience in relevant areas
- Organisational skills
- Project management skills
- Business understanding
- Analytical thinking
- Technical authority in static equipment,
- Knowledge of and attention to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Fluently in Dutch & English
- You are achievement-oriented
- You favour teamwork and co-operation and stimulate positive & constructive behaviour
- You are able to influence a wide range of people
- Networker in an international and multicultural context
- Self-motivated with ability to supervise and motivate small team
- Prepared to travel
Start date: as soon as possible
For more detailed information, please contact Tom Wouters, Manager, Reliability Beringen & Geleen at tel. +32 11 45 9052.
The HR contact person for this vacancy is Kathleen Cruysberghs, HR Borealis, Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please apply online, latest by January 31th.