- Location: USA, Rockport (Port Murray, NJ)
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 31/12/2017
- Hours: Full-time
The Process Engineer is responsible for the process related technica service for the New Jersey compounding plant. The position holder acts as the technical specialist with the responsibility to improve and develop the plant with respect to Quality, Productivity and Safety, with emphasis on the technical and economic standards of the manufacturing operation.
Area of Responsibility:
The main areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Improve the efficiency of New Jersey compounding plant by actively contributing to projects and processes.
- Identify and initiate Continuous Improvement projects.
- Support products and processes focused on improving KPIs such as scrap, FTR, equipment reliability, technology, etc.
- Utilize Root Cause Analysis methods to problem solve process issues
- Define and implement Corrective Actions to increase equipment process capability and improve product quality.
- Conduct process and equipment audits to review critical product characteristics and critical process variables and implement sustainable corrective actions for process upsets.
- Identify and eliminate common causes of product and process variation.
- Becomes a member of the plant Operational Excellence (OPEX) Core Team and actively participates in leading and facilitating OPEX Teams using the The Borealis Way (TBW) methodology.
- Be active in information sharing in order to boost team performance.
- Is experienced working with Operations (part of OPEX core team).
- Has contact network within the plant to speed up and secure quality in project studies and trouble-shooting activities.
- Has knowledge of internal and external product customers & supplier specifications and the link how the plant area of responsibility is affecting the specifications.
- Has knowledge of the risks in the plant area of responsibility in terms of customer specifications.
- Process Discipline representative in less severe Quality investigations.
- Can be nominated to local work groups or committees.
- Is a member in the plant’s work groups.
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of plastics/rubber compounding processing engineering experience required
- Knowledge of industrial norms and standards
- Process management and optimization
- Economic effects of productivity, etc.
- Trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Policies, guidelines and procedures
- Relevant HSE legislation
- Risk management
- Exposed to noise and chemical odors when working in the manufacturing area. The use of minimum PPEs (hard hat, uniforms, goggles, gloves, safety shoes and glasses and hearing protection) is mandatory.
- Team player
- Presentation Skills
- Networking abilities