Want to be part of the team? Borealis is committed to making new discoveries – and that includes finding pioneering members to join our team.
Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and production locations, innovation centres and customer service centres across Europe and the Americas, Borealis currently employs around 6,600 and operates in over 120 countries.
We are looking for a Sales Representative Italy & Eastern Europe for our Business Group Polyolefins in the Sales indrirect & Advanced Products department.
With guidance from their Head of Sales, the role holder grows Polyolefins volumes and margins and optimises the customer grade mix, managing a range of commercial activities including
• With guidance from Head of Sales, the SR develops a clear strategy and targets (volume, price, profit, segments) for the overall sales responsibility and assigned customers in line with Sales strategy
• Provides accurate input for forecasting and operational planning in line with Sales strategy to satisfy customer requirements and optimise the Polyolefins business
• Plans and conducts negotiations, based on Polyolefins value propositions and market dynamics
• Prospects, acquires and develops new customers in priority segments
• Sells products and services driving volume growth at optimised margins
• Proactively addresses structurally unprofitable business; continuously optimises customer profitability by active price management,
• Participates in Sales projects
• Fosters open, communication and cooperation between customer team members, ensuring a high level of performance and team unity
• With guidance and support of their Head of Sales, develops and sustains customer relations to improve the Polyolefins commercial position, identify customer requirements and deliver on commercial plans and targets
• Follows up with customers on Borealis performance, develops mitigation actions; provides feedback in line with Sales strategy
• Collaborates with ADTS and Marketing to launch new product at the customer in line with Sales strategy
• Collects market/customer information to build intelligence; communicates to relevant internal stakeholders
• Master Degree
• Proficiency in Italian and English
• 5+ years relevant working experience in sales/commercial role in compounding Industries
• Excellent commercial skills
Knowledge of polyolefins products and production technology and processes
• Understanding of short term market dynamics
• Agility to use short windows of opportunity, orientation to close deals
• Ability to develop innovative and/or customised solutions
• Ability to prospect and acquire new customers
• Negotiation skills
• Impact and Influence
• Customer orientation
• Commercial awareness Relationship building
• Living and promoting the Borealis Values in team and with customers
• Ready for intense travelling
Search for information on our web pages.
Download product data sheets, safety data sheets and compliance statements.
Download literature, publications, reports and other documents.
View and download images / videos from our media library.
Read our latest media releases and news.
Save the dates of our upcoming exhibitions and conferences.
Apply for our latest job opportunities.
Discover our global network and the best route to our locations.
Send us your sales or corporate enquiry.