Scientist / Researcher (m/f), Low Pressure Polyolefin Structure Property Processing Relationship Group
- Location: Austria, Linz
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 30/11/2018
- Hours: Full-time
We are currently looking for a Scientist LPPO/SPPR to support our team in Austria, Linz.
The primary purpose of the role is to deliver scientific results in polypropylene and polyethylene product and application development in accordance to Borealis innovation objectives and standards. For the purpose, the incumbent is professional in applying scientific principles combining academic knowledge, experimental results and common experiences. The position entails doing basic research providing the understanding and the tools for designing novel, value added polymer materials. Wider responsibility concerns acting as an interface between R&D and various business communities providing technical support and problem solving.
Your main areas of responsibility include amongst others:
- Responsible for research, technology and application development in line with our innovation objectives in the area of Polyolefin Structure-Property-Processing relations
- Member of a project team with own area of responsibility. Use of own competence and application of best practices in own work. Periodic reporting.
- He/she sets his/her work and results in relation to project task; assesses project work, results and consequences in a broad sense and is able to recommend next steps on project level.
- Contribution to intellectual property rights (IPR) related issues e.g. patent filling, patent opposition and competitor follow-up.
- Participation in research projects with universities or other partners, representing Borealis.
- Plan technical aspects of R & D tasks and be responsible for execution of project tasks and implementation. Ability to work/lead small teams
- Translate technical concepts into value-added Polyolefin products for the customers
- Promote Borealis and Borealis´ Polyolefin proprietary products and technology in relevant international forums and conferences.
- Responsible for interacting with different functions e.g, Industry Clusters, Assets, External partners to ensure achievement of our innovation goals.
You are the right candidate if you possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Master of Science or preferably Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Physics or Polymer Science and Engineering with min 5 years of experience
- Basic knowledge in the area of Polyolefin catalysts, processes, structure-property-processing relationship or additives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Fluent in English
- You are driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people or issues, and widely consults and actively uses information sharing systems.
- Innovative self-starter, constantly striving to expand own knowledge to achieve expertise
- Proactive involvement, co-operation and knowledge-sharing with colleagues in the team and across Borealis
- You have the ability to bring new ideas approaches or methods into the organization in order to raise performance.
- You encourage new ideas also from others across the company.
- You have the drive and ability to expand and use technical knowledge or to distribute the work related knowledge to others.
- You understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step way.
- You see multiple relationships and makes complex plans and analyses.
- You assemble complex ideas, issues and observations into clear and useful explanations.
The position reports to Group Leader Flexible Polymers
Following Austrian law regulations we offer, reflecting your experiences, skills and competencies, competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at around EUR 48.718,04 annual gross salary. In addition we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.
For more detailed information please contact Cornelia Tranninger +43 664 832 56 55 or Alexandra Albunia +43 664 847 72 06.