Senior Agronomist Germany – BU Fertilizer
- Location: Germany
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 31/01/2018
- Hours: Full-time
The Senior Agronomist (SA) is responsible for the local set-up and implementation of the agronomy strategy & action plan as well as the local implementation of the Borealis smart farming approach. The Senior Agronomist develops specific expertise in key agronomy areas and supports the coordination of internal and external stakeholders and partners in order to achieve business plan targets. He/she is a recognized authority in the fertilizer world and is a key contributor to reaching out to farmers on a broad scale.
- Understand farmer’s needs in our core business regions; understand climate, soil, crop, conditions in those regions
- Understand farmer’s business economics as basis for targeted service offerings & value proposition design
- Understand specific requirements of different plant nutrition application technologies (spreading, fertigation, foliar fertilisation a.o) as basis for product recommendations, product development and communication activities
- Understand other trends and factors influencing the future development of agri-business input materials and fertilizers in specific.
- Understand well the agri-business value chain and identify market & customer opportunities for new product & service development
- Understand cultivation and plant nutrition trends as well as competitors development activities and recommend actions on our side
- Provide product development recommendations and support product development and launch initiatives through application data and know-how creation
- Support strategic partnerships in academia and in the private sector in order to accelerate open innovation and application, crop know-how generation
- Plan & design field trials in line with business, sales & marketing strategies
- Implement field trials, manage local stakeholders and generate reports/ input for improved value propositions, internal training tools and external multi-channel communication
- Provide fertilization advice to retail customers, farmers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support local industry relation management activities.
- Generate a good understanding of new technology development in the agri-business sector
- Support the definition of strategic ambitions in smart farming and implement initiatives for target realisation
- Provide agronomical content for internal and external communication (scientific publications, sales campaigns, newsletters, multi-channel media features, trainings, conference papers, presentations,etc) in respect to commodity and specialties fertilizers for particular crop types and various application methods. Act as presenter at winter season a.o. events.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Academic agronomy degree preferably enhanced with commercial education
- Mastery of English language at business level, additional language skills appreciated
- 10+ years of relevant agronomical and commercial experience in the agri-busines
- Thorough understanding of the structure of the market and the factors that influence demand and profitability in the fertilizer business
- Excellent agronomical understanding of fertilizers and their applications
- Achievement orientation
- Commercial awareness
If you are interested in this role and meet most of the above profile criteria, please apply online.
- Duration of the assignment: This is a permanent position
- The position reports to: Manager Agronomy and Digital Farming
- Location: Germany, Burghausen or Home Office
- Application deadline: 31.01.2018
Reflecting candidate’s experiences, skills and competencies, we offer a competitive compensation package.