Team Leader Quality Control
- Location: Rockport
- Type: Permanent
- Application Deadline: 08/06/2019
- Hours: Full-time
Role: Team Leader - Quality Control (Rockport)
Unit: North America
Reporting to: Product Manager
Role Purpose :
The function holder is responsible for the quality control process and quality assurance for the RP location. The primary responsibility is to manage, maintain and improve the quality system. Also responsible for providing quality support to the operations. The function holder is responsible for the continuous improvement of the quality control unit including HSE and Quality issues.
C1. Area of responsibility
- Team Leader or Manager of QC Laboratory team
- Drive continual improvement of the quality system and internal processes.
- Responsible for reaching the objectives and KPI of the department
- Ensures that each team member knows these objectives and results, so that everyone can contribute in reaching these objectives
- Responsible for priority setting of the laboratory.
- Lead and develop quality team in inspection and testing activities.
- Asist with incoming raw material inspections approvals, classification and releases.
- Establish maintenance and calibration plan for the laboratory equipments.
- Ensures that all procedures and work instructions in the department are followed and are up to date and in place.
- Ensures that the necessary lessons are always drawn from incidents (HSE incidents, complaints, operability) by the implementation of a root cause analysis
- Responsible for compliance with the HSE management systems as follows.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Borealis HSE policy in the department. Takes immediate action concerning each problem or behavior that occurs and isn’t in the line with the HSE - policy, to avoid damage to people, fixed assets or the environment.
- Responsible for compliance with the quality management system
- Uses internal and external benchmarking/networks/information to define action plans for improvement of the objectives
- Contribute to minimise plant OAE-losses
- Responsible for training and maintaining all records at location.
- Guarantees the priority setting for QC investments strategy consistent with operational plans.
- Plan and ensure appropriate QC capital investments are in place for RP site.
- Support analytical and inspection equipments within operation location to meet inspection requirements.
- Work with labs within the network of companies to ensure consistency and accuracy Round Robin.
- Supervisor of Quality Assurance Activities
- Responsible for maintaining Location’s TS16949 certification
- Leads, maintains and develops the site’s quality management system according to TS16949 standards, including preparatory external / internal audits, ensuring readiness for external certification audits
- Aligns with various departments throughout location to ensure understanding of Quality System, and compliance.
- Support Claims Investigation
- Support claim Investigator in conjunction with Customer Complaint Investigator and Product Owner.
- Ensures all QN’s requests submitted are handled in a professional and timely manner, using Borealis Group Complaint Handling Process
- Prioritizes technician activity with input from Tech Service, Product Developers, Production, Complaint Investigation and Planning
- Support Product Owners on development projects – RM replacements, qualifications and special projects.
- Assess and develop technical capabilities of Lab Workforce
- Creates an environment in which the team members can actively contribute to continuous improvement and reaching set targets
- Coaching & development of his/her team members
- Responsible for the effective and efficient organization of the work
- Responsible for the knowledge transfer to new employees
- Coaches and selects employees
- Maintains good relationships with the employee representatives and represents the Borealis point of view
- Ensures that customer interests are treated in the “Customer Support team”
- Assures that the customers and the requirements of the customers are known in the whole laboratory
- Represents the department in a professional manner for internal and external customers
- International and local networks / interfaces such as: CST-, QC&OLPA-, Supplier-, Customer-, Project meetings, Production units, PO
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree related to STEM or equivalent.
- Min. 5-10 years experience in Quality Control or other relevant experiences
- Understanding of the petrochemical, plastic or polymer industry. Wire and cable experiences a plus.
- Ability to manage change processes successfully, to monitor complexity, diversity and risks
- Working knowledge of IATF and ISO Quality Management System
- Recognised for having excellent people skills, coaching and feedback, adjusting when necessary and creating a winning team culture
- Recognised for being communicating, dialogue engaging, inspiring, motivating and setting direction for others within a multicultural environment
- Demonstrates model conduct
- Drive / Challenger
- Concern for Order and Quality (5)
- Impact & influence (4)
- Team Leadership (4)
- Developing others (4)
- Initiative (4)