Borflow™ high MFR grades allow tailoring viscosity in masterbatch carriers
Borflow™ HL912FB, HL712FB, HL708FB, HL504FB
Borflow™ TM test result, photo: © Borealis
These are PP Homopolymers used as flow enhancer for moulding and extrusion applications, carrier for compounding and masterbatch applications and matrix material in composites etc.
At Borealis, we offer you a wide range of carrier resin solutions for masterbatch and compound applications. Masterbatchers and compounders can select individual grades of the comprehensive Borealis product portfolio to match specified Borealis grades in the value chain. For this purpose we are offering solutions for specification driven markets, for example Healthcare approved applications, solutions with brand owner approvals for food contact packing or pipe products for drinking water applications. The Borflow™ HL912FB, HL712FB, HL708FB, HL504FB grades can be prescribed as the masterbatch or compound carrier, for example to add colour or additives. Its high MFR allow tailoring viscosity in masterbatch carriers.
Advantages of flow enhancers for production of masterbatch compounding and composites:
- Very high melt flow rates allowing higher filler contents.
- Masterbatch systems genuinely compatible with melt blown applications
- Masterbatch systems with improved flow can broaden the window for injection moulding:
- Enabling longer flow path injections lower machine tonnage
- Decreasing pressure in mould and machine improves mould lifespan
- Enabling lower injection temperature means energy reduction, with resulting CO2 reduction and increased sustainability
- Carrier resins enabling improved wet-ability for better dispersion of fillers
The test result shows that Borflow™ high MFR grades allow tailoring viscosity while maintaining impact properties
- Dry blend
- Mould temperature: 40°C | Injection temperature: 220°C
- Spiral flow mould: 10mm width and 1mm thickness | Maximum flow length: 1545 mm
Any further questions? Then please reach out to:
Edwin Verdurmen, Application Marketing Manager Concentrates and Polymer Modifiers