Borealis is a global leader in providing ground-breaking chemical and polyolefin solutions. The company has established itself as a reliable partner and a global brand that creates ever more value for its customers and partners by
developing new approaches, technologies and products for key industries.
Borealis believes in progress. That‘s why the company keeps discovering new applications and material solutions to address global challenges in the areas of climate, energy, food, health, water and sanitation, waste, and recycling solutions.
In re-inventing essentials for sustainable living, Borealis builds on its commitment to safety, people, innovation and technology, and performance excellence. Borealis is accelerating the transformation to a circular economy of polyolefins and expanding its geographical footprint to better serve customers around the globe.
With head offices in Vienna, Austria, we employ around 6,000 employees and operate in over 120 countries. OMV, the Austria-based international oil and gas company, owns 75% of our shares, while the remaining 25% is owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, or ADNOC, based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). We supply services and products to customers around the globe through Borealis and two important joint ventures: Borouge (with ADNOC, headquartered in the UAE); and Baystar™ (with TotalEnergies, based in the US).
Borealis’ Global Footprint
- Head Office: Vienna, Austria
- Customer Service Centers: Austria, Belgium, Finland, Turkey, United States
- Production Plants: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, Germany, Italy, South Korea, Sweden, The Netherlands, United States
- Recycling plants: Austria, Belgium, Germany
- Innovation Centers: Austria, Finland, Sweden
- Sales Offices/Representative Offices: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Mexico, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
- Joint Venture Borouge Head Offices: Singapore, United Arab Emirates
- Joint Venture Baystar™: United States