Borealis is a global leader in providing ground-breaking chemical and polyolefin solutions. The company has established itself as a reliable partner and a global brand that creates ever more value for its customers and partners by developing new approaches, technologies and products for key industries.
Borealis believes in progress. That‘s why the company keeps discovering new applications and material solutions to address global challenges in the areas of climate, energy, food, health, water and sanitation, waste, and recycling solutions.
In re-inventing essentials for sustainable living, Borealis builds on its commitment to safety, people, innovation and technology, and performance excellence. Borealis is accelerating the transformation to a circular economy of polyolefins and expanding its geographical footprint to better serve customers around the globe.
With head offices in Vienna, Austria, Borealis employs approximately 6,900 employees and operates in over 120 countries. OMV, the Austria-based international oil and gas company, owns 75% of Borealis, while the remaining 25% is owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, or ADNOC, based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Borealis supplies services and products around the globe through Borealis and two important joint ventures: Borouge
(with ADNOC, headquartered in the UAE); and Baystar™ (with TotalEnergies, based in the United States).
Borealis’ Global Footprint
- Head Office: Vienna, Austria
- Customer Service Centres: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Turkey, United States
- Production Plants: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, South Korea, Sweden, The Netherlands, United States
- Innovation Centres: Austria, Finland, Sweden
- Sales Offices/Representative Offices: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, France, Mexico, Morocco, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
- Borealis L.A.T: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia
- Joint Venture Borouge Head Offices: Singapore, United Arab Emirates
- Joint Venture Baystar™: United States