Polyolefin material for wires and cables meeting the demands of ever stringent building regulations
The demand for Low Voltage (LV) cabling is high, but manufacturers are facing stricter requirements and severe competition, meaning cost-efficiency and high-value solutions are crucial in order to remain in business. With such high stakes, no other moisture-cured XLPE solution gives higher productivity and output than our Visico™/Ambicat™.
Tangible benefits to our customers include:
- Increased production efficiency of high-quality, moisture cure LV cables thanks to reduced production complexity and less scrap produced
- Higher production output of cable using existing equipment
- Faster production cycles requiring less manpower
- Production campaigns of up to several weeks due to unique scorch retardant solution
- Crosslinking under ambient conditions without the need for elevated temperatures (elimination of water bath or sauna saves energy)
- Low environmental impact: catalyst system has no tin and contains neither flammable liquids nor harmful additives
- Visico™/Ambicat™ solutions are available globally and come with comprehensive technical support.
To meet the increasing demands of environmental and safety regulations, we offer a unique halogen-free flame-retardant system in the form of Casico™ jackets. Not only are they around 20% lighter than alternative plastics, this product also exhibits reduced heat release and smoke generation, meaning no corrosive gas emissions are produced, which in turn reduces secondary fire damage to equipment and installations. Furthermore, cross-linked Visico™/Casico™ compounds offer a downsizing potential of up to 40% and are a cost-effective insulation compared to PVC. They also boast superior dielectric properties. Production performance and Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) cables can be produced on most PVC and PE extrusion equipment. Using less material with a lower weight than alternative plastics, our LSZH system also respects the environment without compromising on performance.